Lampada is a fast-paced work environment which is constantly developing and evolving. Whilst working at Lampada you will be constantly presented with challenges to overcome, helping you to develop your skills and progress in your career. Support will be available every step of the way from the business’ highly skilled management team, as well as your industry leading co-workers. Working with Lampada offers a wide range of opportunities such as access to national and international technical conferences, as well as relevant training courses. The head office is located on the picturesque Hull University campus offering access to an array of onsite cafes and eateries as well as a bar and shop. If you think you want to experience all Lampada has to offer get in touch with us and send your application below.
Working With Lampada
|Job Title:||Software Developer – 4-month Summer Internship|
|Department:||Intelligent Response (Product, Development, and Support)|
|This job description sets out the scope of the role of Software Developer Summer Internship within Lampada Digital Solutions Ltd.
Duties may vary from time to time without changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility. The post holder may also be required to carry out any other duties as required by their nominated line manager.
– Working directly under the Head of Product, Development & Support and closely with the CEO on developing a web application to be used for multiple requirements by the University of Hull – including accessibility for students, campus orientation for new employees, and an interactive map for a campus walking trail
– Work within a small innovation development team with the support of senior software developers. Integrating software with a geo tracking app or other data sources such as ‘what 3 words’
– Responsible for the quality, testing, documentation, and technical approach taken by development team members, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and on budget
– Creating and maintaining a professional culture within the team, where individuals take ownership and are fastidious and proud of delivering excellence and quality
This is an exciting role as you will work at the cutting edge of software development using the latest technologies covering experience in:
(b) Data Engineering
(c) Data Analysis
(d) Models – Algorithms
Software Development, Delivery and Support (100%)
– Be part of a team who will develop an exciting web app to be used by the university’s students, employees, and members of the general public
– Support and contribute to prototype strategies utilising your expertise in Computer Science. Help to create bespoke solutions forming part of the product development process
– Work with 3rd Party data or data from existing systems, knowing how to extract the data through API’s
– Work within an AGILE/SCRUM methodology utilising resources appropriately depending on project needs and requirements
– Work in an effective way, ensuring swift project progress working to a high standard and performance
– Assist in project and development sprints using AGILE/SCRUM methodology utilising resources appropriately depending on project needs and requirements
– Support technology and methodology decision making throughout the development team, including standardisation of system architecture, reusable code base development, versions of software tools, best practice, source control and deployment processes
– Write clean, healthy structured and well documented code that ensures code can be maintained and supported
– Build future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in-order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team
– Work with a mindset that puts testing and quality and the core of our business to build customer confidence in our products
– Encourage pro-active discussions with customers, support and account management teams
– Strive to ensure that processes and appropriate levels of knowledge are shared between teams, driving continual improvements
|Lampada Digital Solutions Ltd is a dynamic, highly responsive rapidly growing digital service agency located in the Aura Innovation Centre on the outskirts of Hull, with a team of c.30 skilled consultants.
Lampada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hull University, established in 2017, offering digital services to clients from SME’s, Public Sector to large corporates.
Our mission is to develop commercial enterprises and establish wider external business relationships, in addition to creating new opportunities for the research faculties within the University. Lampada also supports the student body employing them in full-time positions, apprenticeships and internships. Our mission is to leverage and commercialise IP from the University of Hull. Our strength lies in our ability to leverage c.£25m of R&D capability from the heart of the University – something that differentiates us from our competitors.
We have a growing team of highly experienced professionals, with a wealth of knowledge within software development, eLearning platforms, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality.
With extensive expertise and knowledge of both the private and public sectors, plus mission critical designed packages, our team delivers innovative software to meet the needs of our varied customer base.
Our mission is to carry the light of innovation and commercialisation on behalf of the University of Hull, by creating routes to market that leverage the intellectual property generated by the University of Hull’s leading research professionals.
Lampada is a private wholly owned subsidiary of Hull University, and they are a key player in the University’s digital strategy.
|Knowledge – Skills and Experience Required
You will have a practical or specialist working knowledge of systems, processes and procedures across a wide section or area of work. In addition, you will have/be:
– Strong and successful knowledge & experience of AGILE/SCRUM
– Understanding of programming languages and methodologies predominantly covering the Microsoft technology stack
– Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
– Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
– Excellent problem solving capabilities, requiring in-depth analysis of issues, initiative, and informed decision making
– Able to develop with security by design (OWASP) with a continual focus on building secure, resilient, and robust code
– Familiar with SOLID principles in software development
Key Behaviours and Characteristics
– Passionate about Software Development and Agile, with a general thirst for digital knowledge and a significant interest in new emerging technologies
– Ability to solve problems quickly to resolution
– Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
– Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
– Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate brilliant ideas founded on rock-solid strategic thinking
– Reliable, flexible and cooperative
– Diplomatic and tactful
– Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence
To apply, please send your CV accompanied with a cover letter for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by clicking on the application link below.